Thursday, January 29, 2009

Taxco

Last weekend, I went with my school group to Taxco. Here is my take on the town:
1. The whole town is built on the idea of jewelry. I would say every other store is a jewlery store, and they all specialize in silver. It is really neat though, because you can get almost any type of handmade jewelry, and it's unique to the area.
2. It's the first time since I've been here that I actually felt like a tourist. There were more beggers, more children trying to sell you gum, etc.
3. I got pick pocketed for the first time in my life. They only got money, (not my credit cards or ID) and it was only about 40 dollars worth of money. Relatively speaking, I got lucky.
4. Here are a few photos, my camera battery died within the first hour there, so I only have a few pictures, but enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should keep a mousetrap in your pocket to prevent future pickpockettings....

Jon