Friday, December 10, 2010

Excitement in Tinsel Town

Things I'm looking forward to:

-Sean's return from India
10 days until my brother comes home! I'm so glad he has had the opportunity to travel abroad, spend four months in another culture, and grow in so many ways...but I am even more glad he is coming home!

-Scotty finishing up his first semester at college
And we couldn't be more proud! While it started out a little rough for him, I think he is making great strides academically. Every time I talk to him recently he is either studying, going to tutoring, doing homework, or hanging out with friends when that's all said and done. I'm sure he'll do what he needs to do to make it through his finals so he can relax over break...I can't wait to have both brothers home for the holidays!

-Vet school interview notifications
The time has come to start hearing about interviews from the vet schools I applied to. I am supposed to hear from Purdue in the month of December, and then University of Illinois, Michigan State and Iowa State in January. I've found that the further along in December we get, my hours of sleep decreases and the number of times I check the mailbox has increased exponentially. The application process is a lengthy one, (the application due in October, and acceptance letters sent in March and April,) and I'm ready for this phase to be over! I'll be grateful when I know if I have interviews, so that I can start planning where to go from here. 

-New Spanish Class
I couldn't be more excited about the Spanish class I'm starting this upcoming Monday. I will be taking the class with a phenomenal 'profe' who taught at the Tec while I studied there. It's a really neat set up; we have skype classes twice a week, and homework in between these sessions. He customizes the class to be whatever the student wants it to be-- you can choose to focus more on grammar, vocab, conversation, pronunciation, etc. I'm super excited to be speaking Spanish again, and look forward to further developing my language skills!



1 comment:

Tom said...

Mis gatos gemelos son muy hermosos.

Fantasmas son fantásticos.

Katy Perry es un tamal caliente.